Statistics conflict

info

21 Feb, 2014 02:29 AM

Our show, The Angry History Show, recently launched on iHeart Radio (Feb 10/14).

Our statistics show that we have only had a total of 111 listens on Spreaker and 188 on iHeart to date,
however when we view our RawVoice certified statistics that we get from our podcast host of blubrry, we noticed a huge jump in downloads from the day we launched on iHeart - from 348 downloads prior to the launch on iHeart, to an average of 1627 downloads/day from Feb 10-19th.

That is a significant jump for us - especially when we did not produce any new content in that time, and did not work with any advertisers.  The only thing we have done differently is launch on iHeart radio.

Can you please explain to me why the discrepancy in the statistics?  Are the increased numbers not really coming from iHeart radio?  (I find this difficult to believe, if true.)

I spoke with someone at blubrry who indicated:

"I'm not familiar with iHeart, but I do know that Spreaker distributes their content on their own network (like YouTube), so you may need to literally take their numbers as separate measurements than Blubrry's (since Blubrry measures many other podcast directories)."

Is this correct?  Are these new numbers not coming from iHeart listeners?

Thank you for your help in understanding this discrepancy.

Catherine Karayanis
The Angry History Show

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marco on 21 Feb, 2014 06:58 PM

Hello Catherine,

we distribute our content using our own network and we track plays both from Spreaker and iHeartRadio. Technically speaking, we at Spreaker track plays from Spreaker apps/widgets, while iHeartRadio tracks plays on their app and than push such statistics to us. However, in the last week iHeartRadio had some issues exporting statistics, so we are currently not receiving stats from them. We're waiting they fix this issue.

We'll keep you posted,
    Marco

2. 2 Posted by Sharp Radio on 22 Feb, 2014 09:04 AM

Hey Marco , We have started our own petition and people are signing to take
    BenRadio Off Spreaker. Link:
    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/benradio-off-spreaker/

3. Marco closed this discussion on 18 Apr, 2014 02:51 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Spreaker please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac