Customized Mobile Apps dedicated to your podcast are a great way to establish your brand and offer a direct access point to your content for your listeners. Build the app according to your own requirements and Spreaker's team will take care of the rest, from development to maintenance.
Available for both iOS and Android, each app is only $99 a year.
Here’s how to create yours:
Start creating your Mobile App by first selecting the platform you want to app to appear on, as well as the podcast it will be dedicated to.
Now you can start adding all the necessary images and information that you want to appear on your app. Do make sure that the images you upload require the requested formats, as app store restrictions are quite tight. If you’d you’re having trouble sizing them correctly, try cropping and setting them by following this tutorial first:
Since all apps have to adhere to certain standards in order to be properly built, there are very strict guidelines on making sure that images are the correct size, each requiring its own parameters.
For example, a splash screen on the Android app must adhere to all three requirements: it must be a PNG file, 720x960 pixels, and no bigger than 1MB. So, if your image is a PNG file, 720x960, but bigger than 1MB, it will result as an error.
Meeting all of those parameters can seem difficult, but it is possible! Here's a quick and easy tutorial on how to get the images you need:
- Open a free online image editor, like BeFunky. Make sure that the image you're going to use is wider or equal to 960 pixels in width and 720 pixels in height. Click the "Upload" button on the top bar and choose that image from your computer.
- First let's save your image as a .JPG and reduce its quality a bit. To do that, click the "Save" button on the top bar, next to where it says "Upload". Set the format to .JPG and drag the quality slider to 40-50% or so (depending on your image). Save it once more.
- Now, click the "Upload" button again and this time upload the image you just saved.
- Choose "Crop" from the menu on the left side and crop the image to 960x720.
- Now you can save your image as a PNG, making sure that the file size is less than 1MB. If it's still more than 1 MB, you can repeat steps 1-2 until you've finally reached the desired size.
Once it’s done, you can submit your app to Spreaker’s team. We will build the app and we’ll make sure that it stays up-to-date with any system changes for the entire year.
Important! Before submitting your app, please be sure to read and understand Google Play and Apple's policies. If your app is rejected for violating their policies, you are not entitled to a refund from Spreaker. For example, apps could be rejected in relation to copyrighted music and images/text that are considered explicit.