This tutorial will explain how to use VB-Cable software to sync your Google Hangouts calls with Spreaker Studio on Windows. If you're running Spreaker Studio on Mac / OS X, please take a look at the Mac / OS X Tutorial.
1. Download VB-Cable for Windows and run the installation process.
2. On the final step, you'll be asked to restart your computer. Restart and launch Spreaker Studio in order to follow the next steps.
3. Start your Google Hangouts call. Click on the Settings gear symbol at the top of the screen.
4. In the new window, click on the drop-down menu next to the microphone symbol (the audio input). Select your primary microphone.
5. Then, in the same window, click on the speaker symbol (the audio output). Select CABLE Input (VB-Audio Virtual Cable).
6. Back in Spreaker Studio for Desktop, in the Microphone & Sources area, choose CABLE Input (VB-Audio Virtual Cable) in a free source. Then, make sure to click on "monitor" in order to be able to hear the Google Hangouts call through your headphones.
A quick explanation: In the Monitor and Mute section, enable monitor in order to be able to hear audio from a particular source through your headphones or speakers. Enable mute so that a particular source will be muted to your audience. In other words, the monitor button controls what you hear, whereas the mute button controls what your audience hears.
7. Start recording your podcast in Spreaker Studio. If you have any problems, you can drop us a line through Spreaker Studio's "Report An Issue" feature.
Performance issues? Running Google Hangouts with Spreaker Studio could slow down the app's performance.If you're experiencing issues while running Google Hangouts with Spreaker Studio, we suggest you switch to integrating with Skype instead.