There are many ways to connect with your guests during your podcast or broadcast. This tutorial will explain how to use VB-Cable software to sync your Skype calls with Studio on Windows. If you're running Studio on Mac / OS X, please take a look at the Mac / OS X Tutorial.
1. Download VB-Cable for Windows and run the installation process.
2. On the final step, you'll be asked to restart your computer. Restart and launch Studio in order to follow the next steps.
3. Open Skype and click on the Audio and Video settings
4. Click on the drop-down menu next to the microphone symbol (the audio input). Select your primary microphone.
Under speakers (the audio output) please select CABLE Input (VB-Audio Virtual Cable).
6. Back in Studio for Desktop, in the Microphone & Sources area, below your microphone selected in the first source, choose CABLE Output (VB-Audio Virtual Cable) in another free source. (You can have up to four sources on Studio!). Then, make sure to click on "monitor" in order to be able to hear the Skype call through your headphones.
A quick explanation: In the Monitor and Mute section, enable monitor in order to be able to hear audio from a particular source through your headphones or speakers. Enable mute so that a particular source will be muted to your audience. In other words, the monitor button controls what you hear, whereas the mute button controls what your audience hears.
7. Start recording your podcast in Studio. If you have any problems, you can drop us a line through Studio's "Report An Issue" feature.