Customized Mobile Apps
Customized Mobile Apps dedicated to your show are a great way to
establish your brand and offer a direct access point to your
content for your listeners. Build the app according to your own
requirements and Spreaker's team will take care of the rest, from
development to maintenance.
Available for both iOS and Android, each app is only $99 a year.
Here’s how to create yours:
From the Spreaker.com website, click on the drop-down menu at
the top-right and go to Settings.
From the right-hand side, click on My Mobile Apps.
Start creating your Mobile App by first selecting the platform you want to app to appear on, as well as the show it will be dedicated to.
Now you can start adding all the necessary images and information that you want to appear on your app. Do make sure that the images you upload require the requested formats, as app store restrictions are quite tight. If you’d you’re having trouble sizing them correctly, try cropping and setting them by following this tutorial first:
Since all apps have to adhere to certain standards in order to
be properly built, there are very strict guidelines on making sure
that images are the correct size, each requiring its own
For example, a splash screen on the Android app must adhere to all three requirements: it must be a PNG file, 720x960 pixels, and no bigger than 1MB. So, if your image is a PNG file, 720x960, but bigger than 1MB, it will result as an error.
Meeting all of those parameters can seem difficult, but it is possible! Here's a quick and easy tutorial on how to get the images you need:
- Open a free online image editor, like BeFunky. Make sure that the image you're going to use is wider or equal to 960 pixels in width and 720 pixels in height. Click the "Upload" button on the top bar and choose that image from your computer.
- First let's save your image as a .JPG and reduce its quality a bit. To do that, click the "Save" button on the top bar, next to where it says "Upload". Set the format to .JPG and drag the quality slider to 40-50% or so (depending on your image). Save it once more.
- Now, click the "Upload" button again and this time upload the image you just saved.
- Choose "Crop" from the menu on the left side and crop the image to 960x720.
- Now you can save your image as a PNG, making sure that the file size is less than 1MB. If it's still more than 1 MB, you can repeat steps 1-2 until you've finally reached the desired size.
Once it’s done, you can submit your app to
Spreaker’s team. From there we’ll build it and submit
it to iTunes and Google Play for you. If accepted, we’ll make
sure that they stay up-to-date with any system changes for the
Keep in mind that Android’s approval process takes up to two working days, whereas iOS’ takes up to 7.
Should the app get rejected, you’ll get a chance to make the necessary modifications and submit it again.