With our monetization program, ads get automatically and dynamically inserted on your content but you can choose whether you want them to be active on every episode or only on a few of them, if only at the start (pre-roll) or at the end (post-roll), or choosing where exactly the ad is going to be heard by inserting a cue point for a mid-roll.
Remember that you can enable or disable revenue sharing on any of your podcasts or episodes, at any time.
You can manage the insertion of the pre, mid, or post-rolls for each podcast by following these steps:
- Head to the monetization control panel of the CMS
- Select Podcast Settings and click on the pencil icon next to the podcast you want to edit
- From the following page, you can select or deselect the Active on podcast option, choose if you want to hear a single or a double ad, and set the maximum duration (unlimited, up to 30 seconds, up to 60 seconds). Remember to click on Save!
Ad settings for the podcast automatically apply for each episode in that podcast. But you could override those settings and also insert mid-rolls, by selecting a specific episode. The settings you will adjust for a single episode will not influence podcast's ad settings or ad settings for any other episodes.
- Click on Add Mid-rolls to be directed to the page where you will be able to adjust the ad settings at episode level for what concerns pre, post and mid-rolls:
- Click on Override Podcast Ads options for pre and post-rolls, if you want to change the settings for that specific episode:
You have two ways of adding mid-rolls to your episodes: manually or directly from the waveform editor.
- Edit the bar inserting the exact timestamp you would like the ad to be heard
- Choose if you want that to be a single or a double mid-roll
- Click on Add
- Move the bar on the waveform editor to match the desired timestamp. Playing the episode with the play button will help you identify that.
- When you are ready, click on Insert Ad and choose if you want the mid-roll to be single or double
- Click on Save
You can edit, add or remove the mid-rolls whenever you want.
It's worth mentioning that those cue points are going to be targeted by programmatic ads but also by our very own ad trafficking tool (Ad Manager) available if you subscribe to a Publisher plan.