Each show on Spreaker has its own feed, which contains all the public episodes and follows this URL format:
As shown in the screenshot above (click the image to enlarge), Spreaker’s feed includes:
- generic tags - as <title> or <link> - including basic show information.
- Apple Podcasts tags, like <itunes:author> or <itunes:category>, which allow the customization of the field on Apple Podcasts.
- Google Play tags, like <googleplay:email>, granting customized information for Google Play.
How can I customize the RSS feed on Spreaker?
- As generic tags follow the information set to Shows on Spreaker, you can simply edit your show’s information and the rest will follow. To do so just go to Content Management System and select your show. Click the yellow “Edit” button and modify all the show information you see in the page. Once finished, just save.
- If you want to edit Apple Podcasts and Google Play tags, you need to follow in part the same path described above: go to Content Management System, click the show you want to modify and the edit button, as shown in the screenshot below.
Now select the “RSS Customization” option and set the field to “Manual” if you haven’t done yet.
This way, you’ll be able to edit the information carried with your podcast RSS and shown in Apple Podcasts, Google and other RSS catching platforms.
Please note: the RSS customization option is only available to Pro users.
You can simply switch from Apple Podcasts tags to Google Play ones by selecting the corresponding tabs.
Finally, in the customization RSS page it is also possible to forward one RSS feed to another by enabling the “Redirect Field” option, or disabling the feed by selecting the corresponding option.
How to share your Podcast RSS Feed
Once all the tags in your RSS are done and complete, it’s time to distribute your podcast! Read this tutorial and see how it’s done:
Podcast distribution to Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Google, and other RSS-catching platforms.