Migrating your podcast from Anchor to Spreaker
Switching an existing podcast to Spreaker consists of two steps:
1 - Hosting episodes on Spreaker by using the RSS importer. If episodes are already hosted on another podcasting platform, it is possible to move episodes via the RSS importing function. You simple need to copy and paste the RSS feed URL from your current hosting platform into the Spreaker RSS importer page.
2 - Forwarding your old RSS feed to the new Spreaker one. Once the importing is done, all of your episodes will be available to Spreaker’s community and can be distributed with the new Spreaker RSS feed. If your podcast is already available on platforms such as iTunes with your previous hosting and you don’t want to submit it again, it is possible to enable a redirection so you can keep your subscribers.
Please Note: Before moving all of your content be sure you have enough space in your Spreaker account. Spreaker comes with 5 hours of free storage and if you need more room for your episodes, please consider upgrading: see the Plans Page.
How to move your show from Anchor
- Login to your Anchor account from a browser
- Click on Customize your podcast or go here after logging in: https://anchor.fm/dashboard/podcast/edit
- Scroll down and select Advanced
- Next to RSS feed, copy your Anchor RSS URL that is in this format: anchor.fm/s/_______/podcast/rss
- Access your Spreaker account or create a new one
- Go to the Create page and then click on RSS Importer
- Paste your existing RSS URL copied from Anchor into the corresponding box and choose - or create - the show where your episodes will be uploaded in the next step.
- Finally, you'll get in the RSS Importing customization page where you can uncheck the “Import new episodes automatically” box and save.
- Once this is done, all of your episodes will be moved on Spreaker. You can now contact the Anchor staff at email@example.com (or check their support site) and ask for your RSS Feed on Anchor to be redirected to the new one on Spreaker.
You can find your new Spreaker RSS feed by accessing the Content Management System (CMS): www.spreaker.com/cms/shows
- Once the redirection will be set, click the link to your old Anchor feed. Do you get redirected to the new one on Spreaker? If so, you're done! Just wait for about two weeks: this way you can make sure all the podcatching platforms will update the RSS Feed. Then you can also delete your account and feed on Anchor.